Friday, January 1, 2010

My one little word... Cherish

This year I am going to try to commit to "my" word more. Last year, I think my word was a bit to harsh for me. I needed it in the beginning of the year, but it didn't "fit" as much as the year progressed. This year, I am choosing... Cherish.

cher·ish (c̸heris̸h)

transitive verb

  1. to hold dear; feel or show love for to cherish one's family
  2. to take good care of; protect; foster to cherish one's rights
  3. to cling to the idea or feeling of to cherish a hope

There are going to be many changes in my life this year, and I want to embrace them, remember them, and enjoy them. For me, I think this word will embody that feeling and goal for me.

So, what's your word, if you so choose to choose one? Leave me a comment and let me know what it is and why you chose it. I would love to hear about it.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful New Year.

7 comments:

Stephanie Baxter said...

Mine's JOY. I spent too much of last year being sad. So 2010 is my year to find joy in everything! Happy New Year to you! P.S. Love your word choice!

Susan Beth said...

My one little word is "progress" because I have too many goals to accomplish all of them in one year, but I can make progress towards them (and I believe some of them will be accomplished, only to be replaced by new goals).

Kelly Noel said...

what a great word for 2010!

A Soldier Girl said...

Love your word .. I chose Bajiggity haha ..

Happy New year

Zorina said...

Happy New Year, dear missy. Love your first ever work for 2010. I remember when I greet a friend or family on their birthdays, all I say: Celebrate. Cherish. Enjoy.

Cheers to yah! --Z

Amy Kim said...

no word for me this year, but i love your word.
you're a great mom, and i think remembering to cherish all the moments to come will be fun a fun way to focus on them. :]

p.s. i have the teal glitter we need in my stash, so don't buy it! random... i know, but i keep forgetting to mention it.

Allison Waken said...

What a great word to remember and put into action this year!