Saturday, November 20, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Friday, November 5, 2010
This particular book makes me grateful for many things. I get to leave "my life" for just a little while when I read it. I am able to travel to a different time and see things from someone else's point of view, and I love that. But it also does more than that. Right now.... It makes me thankful that:
1. I am a woman born into a time that "I" have a say what happens in my life.
2. I have control over what happens to "my" body... most of the time... pregnancy was a doozie!
3. My thoughts and values are just as valid as my husbands.
4. My children have good medical care
5. Indoor plumbing... Hot showers... Central heating and air... Electricity...
I am so grateful for these things, and reading books like this help me realize this even more than I ever knew.