This particular book makes me grateful for many things. I get to leave "my life" for just a little while when I read it. I am able to travel to a different time and see things from someone else's point of view, and I love that. But it also does more than that. Right now.... It makes me thankful that:
1. I am a woman born into a time that "I" have a say what happens in my life.
2. I have control over what happens to "my" body... most of the time... pregnancy was a doozie!
3. My thoughts and values are just as valid as my husbands.
4. My children have good medical care
5. Indoor plumbing... Hot showers... Central heating and air... Electricity...
I am so grateful for these things, and reading books like this help me realize this even more than I ever knew.