Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Fun

Oh my... We had so much fun yesterday and today. I took a ton... and I mean a ton of pictures. I tried to tell myself that I would be really good and focus on just having a good time, but it was so beautiful and Matteo and his cousins were so cute, that I couldn't help myself!

This was Matteo's first time at the beach (I know it's a lake, but it is so absolutely beautiful, it feels like the beach)...I think it may become a weekend ritual... he LOVED it! He wasn't too sure of the water... Tahoe is freezing... but he loved that sand! Here is a picture of him loving it...
Grandma Sherri ... a.k.a. "Grandma Cookie"... she always, and I mean always has cookies for him hiding somewhere :) came with us and they buried his feet in the sand....
What cute little sandy feet...

Later, Auntie Kryssi and cousin Tristan came to visit too...


They had so much fun playing that within 5 minutes of getting in the stroller to head back to the condo, he was off to dreamland... too cute and all tuckered out.
Right before the fireworks the fam-dam came down to a patch of grass to set up camp. We tried to do some photo shoots with the kids, but they were everywhere... it was amazing that they still had energy! I was already pooped. So we gave them cups of goodies and tried to keep them occupied until the show started.
The fireworks were amazing this year! There were all kinds of new ones that I had never seen before. I didn't even try to get a shot of them though, we just enjoyed them. Matteo loved them too. When there was a pause in show, he looked up at me and signed "more" (he's not talking yet, so he signs to us), and when he really liked one, he would clap and say "yeah". It was the cutest thing ever. He almost made it to the end of the show... but not quite.

I was however able to get a cute shot of the two of us... a rarity as I am usually the one taking all the pictures... I'll leave you with this... I love it!

Thanks for looking. Have a great night!

5 comments:

Susan Beth said...

You are making me homesick! Got married at my husband's folks place on the West Shore, and lived in Truckee, with lots of access to the lake for five years after that. Now in Montana and loving it, but really miss the lake! Well, I should say "THE LAKE" because really, there is no other! Sounds like a great 4th celebration!

Amy Kim said...

hey mandee. the blog looks great. :]

i'm glad that you enjoyed the fourth, and i have to say that photo of matteo's tiny sandy feet is sooo cute. love it.

well it's 5am and i've not been able to fall asleep yet. i think work tomorrow [today?] will be painful. ha. see you soon!

Alex Hardy said...

*SUPER CUTE* photos! love those sandy baby toes!

Denise said...

Nice blog! Love the photo of your son's feet int he sand. So cute!

laverneboese said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I love all the pictures...especially the one with you and your little cutie-pie!