Wednesday, December 31, 2008

One Little Word. . .

I did not do this last year, but I am excited to give a whirl this year. This is a concept that comes from Ali Edwards, you can read more about it on her blog. Generally, what you do is pick a word and use that word throughout the year to help you focus on what is important to you. It is very personal and very inspiring.

I have thought very hard about my word for 2009. The funny thing is that it came to me right away, and although I have entertained using a variety of words, this one stuck with me, right from the start. I think that it is exactly what I need right now. My word is...

~Enough~

–adjective
1. adequate for the want or need; sufficient for the purpose or to satisfy desire:
–pronoun
2. an adequate quantity or number; sufficiency.
–adverb
3. in a quantity or degree that answers a purpose or satisfies a need or desire; sufficiently.
4. fully or quite: ready enough.
–interjection
5. (used to express impatience or exasperation): Enough!

I think that this word may be a bit harsh, but it is what I need right now. I feel that I am often pulled in so many directions, trying to get everything done and be a part of everything. I need to focus on drawing the lines and learning to recognize what is obligatory and what is frivolous. I also think I will focus on having enough, simplifying my life. Not needing to purchase every little thing or give every bit I have. Sometimes, I already did/had enough. It is also a word that draws the lines. I think that this will be especially important for me. I am going to focus on drawing the line for myself, stopping the excuses. I am also going to focus on drawing the line for others, when it concerns me. Setting my boundaries. These are just a few of the things that I want to focus on, really for the rest of my life, but for the next 365 days for starters.
I look forward to exploring this word and finding how it truly fits me right now.
............................................................................................................................................................

So, I hope you have a wonderful New Year's. I will be at home cleaning out my scraproom / office. It is my beginning to Enough. I am purging and organizing so I can utilize what I have and purge what I no longer want. I have been working on it for 2 days already, and I still have a ton to do.
So have a wonderful night. Be safe and happy.


No comments: