Monday, June 1, 2009

June... Ack!

Unbelievable! I always remember people saying that when you get older, the time goes faster, but seriously! It seems more like my week only has 3 days in it... The other 4 just disappeared. I need to get a handle on this here. The only good thing is that school is almost out for the summer. Yeah! Although, I will be seeing kids for ESY (summer school). This year it is only for 4 weeks though. I wasn't going to do it this year, but we are going to Disneyland in July, and every little bit will help. I think it will be worth it. 

We have been working in our yard and trying to get it all together. Matteo has been helping me, as we are trying to have a garden this year. We have been trying to get tons of veggies and fruit growing. So far, it looks like we will have... cucumbers, tomatoes (cherry, Roma, early girl, and yellow), pumpkins, yellow squash, bell peppers (red, green, and yellow), strawberries, broccoli, cauliflower, basil, chives, oregano, parsley, watermelon, honeydew, and the celery is still keeping me guessing. Not sure if it is coming up or not. Wow, that really is a lot. (laugh)Oh yeah, we also have an apple tree. Makes yummy apple pies! Hopefully, we will be able to share with some local food banks and shelters. 

Here are a few pictures of my little helper getting things going. 

He loved this. 

I will have some pictures to show our garden in the next few weeks. We are working really hard at getting the sprinklers up and running so, it will stay alive once it's all in the garden. Thank you honey! :] 

Well, it's off to bed for me. My new love a.k.a. World Without End by Ken Follett is calling me. Just started it yesterday, but just like The Pillars of the Earth, it has me line, hook, and sinker! Here is a cute picture of Matteo reading his favorite book ("Mickey Book"). Actually, anything "Mickey" is a favorite right now.  Isn't he just the cutest! 

Well, thanks for stopping by. Have a great night! 

No comments: